måndag 28 januari 2013

Broccoli sprouts

This is my favourite topping; Sprouts!
Perfect on top of anything. Broccoli sprouts adds a little nutty and fresh taste to your dish.
On top of your salad, sandwich or in you smoothie.

I used a plastic tray for flower pots and covered the bottom with 1 cm of pot soil. The soil is soaked and then  broccoli seeds are sprinkled in an even layer on top. A thin layer of soil to cover the seeds. Make sure the soil is always a little moist. Put the tray in a window to get nice green sprouts. After ca 4-5 days it's time for harvest.

I bought special bags for sprouting at Runåbergs fröer (swedish seed company). They sell a small variety of sprouting seeds.

9 kommentarer:

  1. Broccoligroddar..? Verkar ju gott, visste inte att det fanns ens!

    :)

    SvaraRadera
  2. We can get alfalfa sprouts and bean sprouts, but I've never seen broccoli sprouts! I'm going to have to check that out!!

    SvaraRadera
  3. Oh, and I'd love it if you shared some of your homemade skincare recipes here, too. I was going to comment on your comment that you made about the beeswax cream for your face on Violette B.'s blog, but I thought that would be rude ... :o)

    SvaraRadera
  4. Aren't those sunflower sprouts or am I missing something?

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. They ARE broccoli sprouts. :)

      Radera
    2. Oh ok, I'll have to check them out then, thanks for the inspiration! I had never heard of these before and they look just like sunflower sprouts, but I should have googled it right away, sorry for the dumb question.

      Radera
    3. Oh, please don't apologize, there are several who didn't think of broccoli. I can highly recommend trying. They have a lovely mild taste. Lots of vegetables are able to sprout. Perfect if you have left over seeds.

      Radera
    4. I will try, I love sunflower sprouts and am quite sure I'll love the broccoli sprouts, too. You are so kind, thank you for a very inspiring blog!

      -The same anonym, I don't have my own blog yet.

      Radera