tisdag 8 januari 2013

Gluten free bread


As I need to cut down on gluten I searched the internet for a nice bread to bake. I used this recipe as an inspiration but changed it a bit. I removed the sweet stuff and dairy products.

300 ml oat groats
300 ml gluten free flour ( I used Lailas gluten free flour)
150 ml of mashed almonds remnants from the almond milk 
100 ml pumpkin seeds
1,5 tsp baking powder
0,5 tsp himalayan salt
a pinch of cinnamon
350 ml almond milk (see last post)

Preheat the owen to 175 degrees C. Blend all the dry ingredients and pour the almond milk in the dry blend. Take a rectangular bread form and line it with raw coconut oil and sprinkle some gluten free flour over. Pour the dough in the bread form and bake the bread for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Store the bread in the fridge in a box or bag.

I think this bread would taste a bit better if you add some sweets like a Tbs of honey or molass. It works fine to slice, toast and serve with sliced avocado and a pinch of fleur de sel.
The green dots comes from the pumpkin seeds. I think pumpkin seeds could be a good alternative for pistachio, for those who are allergic.

2 kommentarer:

  1. looks yummy and very easy to do...
    I'm happy cause I found your blog, it looks a great bread... Xoxo :) I'll come back later ^^

    SvaraRadera
  2. AWESOME function. As well as amazing assortment of tools to be effective... Fantastic!! cheapest rs gold

    SvaraRadera